SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY
CommuniCare’s speech language pathologists treat children and adults experiencing speech, language and voice disorders, swallowing difficulties, or who need access to alternative forms of communications.
We have vast experience assessing and treating developmental and acquired speech and language disorders experienced by children and adults.
Intervention includes family members and caregivers. We take the time to work together with you to address your communication needs.
Speech language pathology services are flexible and can address.
- Communication skills and swallowing abilities of children and adults
- Speech language pathology needs, provide treatment and consultation (e.g. articulation, fluency, voice, speech aids)
- Development and/or prescription of low tech communication devices.
CommuniCare assists in the gain or regain of communication skills or to help clients learn to communicate in a different way to become an effective communicator again.
Having your life, or the life of a loved one, disrupted by physical illness, injury, developmental problems, the aging process, or mental illness, is distressing.
Our occupational therapists develop a program to help you achieve realistic goals for increasing independence in daily living activities. We take the time to work with you to answer the many questions you have so that your individual needs are addressed.
Our occupational therapy services are flexible will work with you to address:
- Your needs in the areas of caring for yourself and your home, mobility and transfers, managing at school, maintaining your leisure, social and employment activities.
- Prescription of self-care aids, mobility and transfer devices such as lifts, walkers wheelchairs, and power mobility devices and equipment for the classroom. We work with you and providers of these devices to ensure they can be used safely.
- Your individual safety and accessibility needs and recommend modifications to your home, work or school.
- Setting an individual therapy program to meet your goals.
Physical problems arising from pain, illness, accident or injury disrupts one’s independence and daily living. We understand how difficult this can be to you and your family.
Our physiotherapists develop programs to promote healing and to help you achieve appropriate goals to maintain or increase strength, endurance, coordination, balance, mobility and range of motion. We take the time to work together with you to answer the many questions you have so that your individual needs are addressed.
Our physiotherapy services are flexible and can address:
- Your needs, and develop therapy programs to achieve your individual goals. This may include assisting with movement dysfunction, working with respiratory needs, neurology, energy conservation, pain control and counseling.
- Prescription of equipment such as bathroom aids, and mobility devices such as crutches, canes and walkers. We work with providers of these devices on your behalf, and provide training.
Unexpected illness, whether short term or long term, often requires a change in nutritional requirements. Even healthy individuals wanting to improve their current nutritional standards turn to CommuniCare to provide expert nutritional advice.
Our registered dietitians take the time to work with you to assess nutritional needs and establish a care plan tailored to you.
Our nutritional counseling services are flexible and can address:
- Current nutritional status and needs of people of any age.
- Tailoring of a nutrition program to your unique needs. Special needs, such as oral supplements or tube feeding.
- Education on meal planning, food selection, recipes, label reading, budgeting.
If you are interested in obtaining further information about the private services we offer please submit your contact information below.
Please address all queries for pediatric services to our sister company ACT Learning Centre. Click here to visit the ACT Learning Centre “Contact Us” page.
This post is also available in: French
Confidential Social work services are provided to individuals, families and caregivers based on the intervention and care that is necessary. We work closely and collaboratively with patients to address complex and unique psychosocial needs.
Our social workers provide the strategies needed to improve functional independence, whether that is counseling, assistance with palliative or end of life care, or caregiver support. We take the time to work together with you to answer the many questions you have so that your individual needs are addressed.